Supervisory Detection Enforcement OFficer
Air and Marine Operations Center
U.S. Customs & Border Protection
- Born in Montclair, CA, December 6th, 1982
- Ratajczak is a Supervisory Detection Enforcement Officer (SDEO), General Schedule (GS-1801), within the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), Air and Marine Operations (AMO), at the Air and Marine Operations Center (AMOC) in Riverside, CA.
- AMOC was established in 1988 as a state-of-the-art law enforcement radar surveillance center designed to counter the on-going threat of airborne drug smuggling.
- AMOC’s mission is to serve and protect the American people through advanced aeronautical and maritime capabilities and employing unique skill sets to preserve America’s security interests. We utilize integrated sensor data and law enforcement information as well as intelligence to support a variety of law enforcement missions, providing domain and situational awareness, interdiction response coordination and investigative case support to DHS, CBP and other federal, state, local and international law enforcement partners.
- As an SDEO, Mr. Ratajczak supervises AMOC’s operations to include law enforcement agents, intelligence analysts, Detection Enforcement Officers, interagency and international personnel. He oversees security efforts and interagency Command, Control, Communications, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance operations.
- Ratajczak joined the former U.S. Customs Service in December 2008 as a Detection Enforcement Officer.
- Ratajczak joined the U.S. Air Force in 2001 and graduated from Air Traffic Control Technical School in December 2001 as an Air Traffic Control Specialist.
- Ratajczak served as an Air Traffic Controller in Shreveport, Louisiana and Kunsan, South Korea before being promoted to Air Traffic Control Watch Supervisor and transferring to Lancaster, California. Mr. Ratajczak oversaw thousands of flight operations on a yearly basis as well as managed Air Traffic Control Journeymen in a radar approach control environment.
- Ratajczak Graduated from the University of Phoenix in 2012 with a Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice with a minor in Criminal Justice Management.
- Ratajczak graduated from Paloma Valley High School, Menifee, California in 2001.