Rodolfo “FO” Fonseca
Supervisory Detection Enforcement Officer
Air and Marine Operations Center
Air and Marine Operations
U.S. Customs and Border Protection
- Mr. Fonseca is a Supervisory Detection Enforcement Officer (SDEO), General Schedule (GS-1801), within the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), Air and Marine Operations (AMO), at the Air and Marine Operations Center (AMOC) in Riverside, CA.
- AMOC was established in 1988 as a state-of-the-art law enforcement radar surveillance center designed to counter the on-going threat of airborne drug smuggling.
- AMOC’s mission is to serve and protect the American people through advanced aeronautical and maritime capabilities and employing unique skill sets to preserve America’s security interests. We utilize integrated sensor data and law enforcement information as well as intelligence to support a variety of law enforcement missions, providing domain and situational awareness, interdiction response coordination and investigative case support to DHS, CBP and other federal, state, local and international law enforcement partners.
- As an SDEO, Mr. Fonseca supervises AMOC’s operations to include law enforcement agents, intelligence analysts, detection enforcement officers, interagency and international personnel. He oversees security efforts and interagency Command, Control, Communications, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance operations.
- Mr. Fonseca joined the former U.S. Customs Service in November 2002 as a Detection Systems Specialist.
- Mr. Fonseca joined the U.S. Coast Guard in 1999 and graduated from Radarman “A” School, Yorktown, Virginia.
- Mr. Fonseca served as a Radarman, Petty Officer Second Class onboard Coast Guard Cutter Sherman. Its primary missions included Alaskan Patrols
- (ALPAT) enforcing fishery law enforcement policies, drug interdiction, search and rescue (SAR), and military readiness in the Bering Sea and Gulf of Alaska.
- In 2001, the Coast Guard Cutter Sherman became the first Coast Guard cutter to circumnavigate the world, after conducting U.N. sanctions enforcement duty in the Persian Gulf and goodwill projects in Madagascar, South Africa, and Cape Verde.
- Mr. Fonseca Graduated from the Greater Los Angeles Federal Executive Boards Leadership Associates Program in 2012.
- Mr. Fonseca graduated from Palm Springs High School, Palm Springs, California in 1998.